Thursday, May 4, 2006

A diamond is...

Forever... but not Eternal.

Why must we take certain things in the Bible literally, yet leave others as imagery?

I've had wack theories about marriage my whole life and on the ring thing. I could easily presume that, regardless of whether or not you've dreamed of this your whole life, it must be stunning to marvel over a stone resting on the flesh of your finger throughout your whole life to serves as a reminder, to you and everyone you meet, of the person who was specifically designed for you.

As for me, I oppose the idea of all that money sitting on my finger to 'symbolize' the most priceless gift in my life. The irony alone is silly enough. Don't get me wrong, I marvel over diamonds like the best, girliest, and most geological of us all. For Pete's sake, we're talking about a rock whose former old, dirty form developed an incredibly strong bond and became solid under immense pressure, and whose beauty was revealed only after being found, carved, and fully exposed...And no matter what you do to it from there, it's a diamond... forever.
How cool is it that someone long ago once chose the diamond, which, like the relationship itself, is most beautiful when Light is able to shine through it!

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love, Ms. Mother Teresa smiled.

Love grows continually, eternally, as a constant reminder, reflection, and celebration of our union with God - the most glamorous gem we'll ever know!

If perhaps one day I were granted a groom to walk the world with, what a blessing it would be, and to share it with my church, not necessarily in the building, but in a sacred place in nature which God purely created, alongside a family of believers, a crowd who wishes to praise the beauty... Proof of my female being: a love Weddings and a longing to be spoken for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment