Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Speaking of Domino and Cheap Beds...

Did you notice that the headboards used in this adorable room featured in Domino (I can't get over this color combination!) are from Target?


I think $249 each is a pretty great price point and if I was in a pinch to get a guest room decorated, I would totally buy these headboards. If I had some time though (not to mention, another room to decorate), I would make my own headboards using the following:

Plywood, cut to fit by my friendly neighborhood Home Depot dudes:
Upholstery grade batting (available at most fabric stores):


Red linen or twill fabric. Since I am on a budget, I would probably use my 40% off coupon at JoAnn's or check what's available on eBay. No need to pre-wash my fabric, since I'm upholstering (not making a washable slip cover):

Trusty PowerShot staple gun... a girl's best friend (well, along with her hot glue gun):Upholstery nail strips (these make for very straight lines when you only have to put in one stud for every five nail heads):


I'm definitely putting this room in my book for later. I think it's a great, expensive look, but a really cheap and easy project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment