Monday, November 23, 2009

Bedside Lamps



On my last trip into the city, I decided to keep an eye out for some new bedside lamps. I was thinking of something more sleek and sophisticated than the mismatched gold ones I had. I also needed something that would fit proportionately with our small night stands, yet large enough to cast plenty of light for night time reading.

My first stop was the Home Goods store and miraculously, I found the above table lamp that fit all of the criteria! I was thrilled that they had two of them and even better, at just $29.99 each. I ended up switching out the lampshades with some I already had, and really love the new look.



Also, as you can see, I hung the Destiny painting above our bed. After the 'Destiny' post, I received a few inquiries into our art collection so I thought I'd share some more information about this piece. The painting was done by a local Plein Air artist by the name of Eric Jacobsen. The painting is of a landscape scene just about a mile away from our house.



The landscape painting on the nightstand is also an Eric Jacobsen, purchased at the same time, also unframed. I was able to find an antique frame for this piece as well.

Thank you so much for all of your feedback on the Victorian chair! I've ordered a few fabric samples and expect them to arrive any day. Also, thanks so much for the wonderfully supportive and inspiring comments on the fireplace!! I'll keep you posted on how it's all coming together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment