Friday, November 20, 2009

Fireplace Choices



Here's the white, as its painted now. And let me just start by saying that I'm feeling more confident about the white. The exercise of using the digital paint shop to try other potential colors was very helpful in determining this.

The following pictures are of the different color hues I experimented with for the brick.

A grayish white....


Ethereal White

A more neutral tone...


Grecian Ivory

And finally, a gray tone to coordinate with the exterior gray chimney bricks...


The Big Chill

I think I like the white the best because it offers the freshness and crispness we've strived for in the rest of the house...all white trim, lots of light, neutral wall colors, paned windows, french doors, etc.

My second choice would be the 'Ethereal White,' just to add some contrast between the white mantle and the brick surround. But I'll wait until I see what the chairs look like in front of the mantle first.

Painting the bricks gray to try and mimic the real gray bricks on the chimney just doesn't appeal to me because I know in the end, it will just look like painted brick - not real brick.

What are your favorites?

The painting tool is amazing! If you have something you'd like to paint and want to try it out, go here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment