Monday, July 27, 2009

A Yellow House on the Water in Brisbane

I like looking through the real estate listings in other countries because you get to see houses that are a little bit different than we have here in the States. I found this beautiful yellow house that sits on the river in Brisbane, Australia, and fell hard for the "wraparound verandas."

I've always had a thing for yellow houses with white trim. When my husband and I bought our first house, it was gray. We painted it yellow and it really brought the house to life. We had a front porch, too, but nothing like this!

The verandas stretch all the way around the back of the house:

It sits on 12 riverfront acres and includes stables for horses. Oh, and there's a pool.

It's listed as "price on application," which translates as, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." Want to see more? The listing is here.

P.S. It's Movie Monday at Hooked on Houses--my favorite blog day of the week! I'm featuring the Grogan family's charming starter home from "Marley & Me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment