Monday, April 27, 2009

Liberty of London

I have a small obsession with Liberty of London fabrics. I would gladly cover my girls' entire room (not to mention other rooms) with these fabrics. The problem is they are expensive (like $30-$40/yard). And hard to find.







(And for the mothers of little boys out there...)


When we were visiting Paris over the summer, I spent the good part of an afternoon shopping by myself in the fabric district. My sweet husband kept our girls happy, riding the Montmartre carousel about 100 times, while I drooled over bolt after bolt of gorgeous Liberty fabric in a store across the street. It was heaven for me, but I ultimately decided not to buy anything because the US dollar was so bad at the time. I figured I could buy the same fabric for less online.

Well, turns out, I can't. My favorite design is completely sold out.

In the meantime, I keep checking my only known US Liberty sources: eBay and Purl Soho. Anybody out there have some secret sources?

Speaking of Liberty and Purl Soho, I love this store display of different Liberty fabrics in embroidery hoops. Such a big impact for a small investment! For instructions, go here.


Also, check out the owner of Purl Soho's home, as featured in Blueprint. She must be a huge fan of Liberty fabrics, too. She used yards and yards here in her daughter's nursery. So beautiful...

0 comments:

Post a Comment