Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Recycled Glass Bottles and Jugs

These glass bottles and jugs from Anthropologie make great accessories. They look so French.
I was ecstatic to discover the identical pieces (or great replicas) at Homegoods a few weeks ago for a fraction of the Anthro cost. Go check it out.

Other great things to look for at Homegoods?

-Big rugs. They sell jute and seagrass rugs. Graphic prints and traditional oriental style rugs. I even saw a fun brown and cream zebra print there recently that would look great in a nursery.

- Really high tread count sheets and duvet covers. Complete sheet sets can be purchased for $20 -$40.

- Mirrors. I bought a ginormous (like, 6'x4') floor mirror for my bedroom. I didn't pay much for it (like $40 or something) because it had an ugly finish and was on clearance. It has a beautiful shape though and it weighs about 500 pounds, so I know its good quality. I painted it a soft blue gray and it is just perfect in our room. It makes the room feel so much bigger and brighter.

- Kids toys. I got Grace's wood kitchen set at Homegoods for $69.

- Kitchen items. Le Creuset, Cuisineart and Kitchen Aids are everywhere. They always have pretty cake stands too. I go to Homegoods first if I'm throwing a party and want a new cake stand or platter.

- Organizational furniture. You know Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel's lines of organizational furniture for desks and office spaces? Like the shelving units that sit on top of desks and entryway sorting stations that you can hang on your wall? Homegoods has the same stuff. But for cheap.

What's your favorite thing to hunt for at HomeGoods? Share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment